help me pick a cheap HSF

AirCool

Limp Gawd
First one has no backplate , so i'd go with that
and should easily keep your present cpu cool and a quiet 92mm 24 db fan.

Apologize in advance. Why do you say there is no backplate? The photo shows one attached I believe.

The problem is I am replacing an existing HSF which had a backplate. My understanding is it will not fit a non-backplate HSF any more. I am not going to went through the trouble taking the motherboard out and remove the backplate so I have to decide base on this limitation.

Is Hydro Bearing quieter or longer lasting? Too bad there is no review on the LOGISYS one.

The problem is I am replacing an existing HSF which had a backplate. My understanding is it will not fit a non-backplate HSF any more. I am not going to went through the trouble taking the motherboard out and remove the backplate so I have to decide base on this limitation.

Is Hydro Bearing quieter or longer lasting? Too bad there is no review on the LOGISYS one.

Not all of those backplates are going to have the same screw thread...and even if you use the bolt-thru kit from your current cooler, there's no saying its gonna fit right and work well with a new cooler.

My $0.02

I bite the bullet and bought the LOGISYS and not only it fits nicely on the existing backplate. It is also cool and quiet. So quiet that I can only hear the P/S fan.

This is not the first time I reuse the backplate, as this is my 3rd HSF on the same M/B. I am glad it fits without issues. Only $10 + tax and free shipping (shoprunner).

Back