help me pick a 2.1 setup!

NICKSTAR

2[H]4U
Alright so i was in Best Buy today wasting some time and I went over to their Alienware setup and they had theKlipsch ProMedia 2.1 Speakers on and i started playing NFS Shift and I couldnt believe how much better they sound compared to my 3-4 year old logitech cheapo 2.1 setup.

So my question is...
Go with the Klipsch or something else. Id prefer to stay under $150 if possible, and i dont know crap when it comes to speakers. Thanks!

Also I prefer 2.1 because i dont really have the space for a full surround setup

I say go with the Klipsch, very good for the money. I would also not bother looking at the Logitech alternatives, not exactly in the same league.

^Agreed. I'm not a fan of the Logitech speaker sets, but the ProMedia 2.1's have served me well for years.

klipsh is the best. ive had 3 sets. logitechs were junk, i also tried a few of those..

Yeah if you don't want to mess around and keep it cheap, the Klipsch is certainly a better setup.

Are you set on speakers? For your budget, a good pair of headphones will WAX any speaker setup. Hell for $75 headphones will run circles around yor head.

Last edited:
headphones are for audiophiles this is just for pure entertainment i am guessing

lol

Probably right but um, yeah, headphones pretty much are the best cheap solution to gaming sound.

You get all the benfits of a properly set up speaker system without any of the crazy adjustments that you have to make to get speakers to sound as correct.

Yeah if you don't want to mess around and keep it cheap, the Klipsch is certainly a better setup.

Are you set on speakers? For your budget, a good pair of headphones will WAX any speaker setup. Hell for $75 headphones will run circles around yor head.
i have 2 good pairs of headsets. this is solely for entertainment.

I get sick of wearing headphones while im at the PC.

Then go with the Klipsch.

For your budget, you can get two better speakers but not 2 better speakers and a sub.

I tried some Promedias out at my local Best Buy and thought they sounded extremely muddy...maybe it was just the song choice or that particular set though.

Another vote for the Klipsch 2.1. Tough to find anything as good in its price range.

I own the z-2300s and my mother owns the Klipsch promedia 2.1 set.

My high's and bass can get louder, her high's sound a bit better, my bass sounds a bit better.

They're pretty much on par from everything I hear. Personal preference.

The Klipsch Promedia sub sounded pretty hollow when my roommate had them. He ended up swapping them for the iFi which was a huge upgrade.

Klipsch makes good stuff for the money and they are based out of Indianapolis (where I'm from) which is cool too.

I was to understand that the Klipsch 2.1 system was slightly inferior compared to the Corsair 2500 reviewed here? Or am I incorrect? Klipsch is definitely above and beyond most PC speakers - I've had my 5.1 Ultras for the best part of the last decade until they broke - but I hear that Corsair's offering is newer tech and slightly higher quality for the price.

Back