• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Help me overclock my e2180

Goran

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 7, 2005
Messages
390
Hello. I am trying to overclock my e2180 @ 2.00 GHz to a safe OC with stock cooling. Maybe 2.8-30? Is 3.2 dangerous on stock cooling?

Also my EP35-DS3L came with the F4 bios. I downloaded the F5 bios from GIGABYTE's website. How should I go about flashing the bios? I read something about using Q-flash. I formatted a flash drive as FAT. Should I just put the autoexec, ep35ds3l, and FLASHSPI files onto the flash drive and boot up pressing whatever button it is for Q-Flash?

Also I am using one stick of this ram: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231121
Here are pics of my bios currently:
2613742493_098c493bc0.jpg

2613743309_1f1aecf9c2.jpg


Please let me know what the safest settings would be! Thanks :D
 
Have you read the OCing sticky? http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1198647 It's a good place to start.

As far as how far you can go on stock cooling, mine didn't like much over 2.5GHz I went to 3GHz with a REALLY cheap cooler with load temps never getting over 60C, however most of the E21xx chips top out around 3-3.2GHz, my E2180 will not go over 3GHz, no matter what I do or how many volts I give it, but that's all dependent on the chip.

The only way to OC the chip is to try it and see what works and what doesn't, mine would do 2.8GHz with 1.3v, but needs 1.43v to get to 3GHz, start small and work your way up. If your sticking with stock cooling keep on eye on the temps.
 
Yea I've read the sticky. It doesn't tell me anything I'm specifically looking to know. And it's a general OC tips guide not necessarily geared towards any one motherboard.
 
It may not use the board you have but OCing is the same no matter the board, the options may not be named the same and some might not have all the super little tweaks, but the main options are the same, multi, FSB and voltage, but no matter the mobo, the effect is the same.

I mean yeah, I (or anyone here) can give you a list of setting and voltages to put in, but whether or not they work is another story, you can talk and ask all the questions you want, but you will never know until you get in there and try it out, if you don't know what settings you should be changing or what you should be putting in there, I think you should read up some more on the matter before you start messing around with OCing.
 
Try 333x9 @ stock voltage first, my old E2180 was able to do it, if not add vcore one notch at a time, I don't know your vcore increments, but I would not go over 1.4v for a 3.0ghz overclock.
 
Yea I've read the sticky. It doesn't tell me anything I'm specifically looking to know. And it's a general OC tips guide not necessarily geared towards any one motherboard.

Goran anything against spending $30 or so for a Freezer Pro 7 of the Xigmatek? With either of these you should be GTG for the 3Ghz neighborhood.
 
Try 333x9 @ stock voltage first, my old E2180 was able to do it, if not add vcore one notch at a time, I don't know your vcore increments, but I would not go over 1.4v for a 3.0ghz overclock.

Should I be changing the options under normal. Most of the options are like .1,.2, etc

Edit: Set it to 333x9 and the vcore to 1.32500V
No problems yet. Seems to be running around 46c on load. I will have to try a prime test overnight tonight.
 
Back
Top