rapperwith1p
Gawd
- Joined
- Oct 23, 2005
- Messages
- 670
I'm a noob to OCing so hang with me here. I have the following in my setup:
-Intel P4 630 3.0ghz
-MSI 945g (not sure if it's neo or platinum...mobo says platinum but got it from newegg and it said neo-f socket t)
-2x512 2gb corsair value ram
-antec neopower 480w psu
I'm current using the stock hsf that came with the cpu and getting ok temps. Idle around 35-36 degrees C and with load around 40-41 degrees C. I currently have it clocked at 3.2ghz just by increasing the fsb (214x15) 15 is the default multiplier and it seems to be locked so the only option I had was to increase fsb.
At the current rate I'm running stable but if I increase it any higher there's a 50/50 chance it won't boot up and I have to reset the bios to get it working again. I want to know how to unlock the multiplier and just increase that instead of the fsb. Also, how do i tweak RAM to oc the cpu? I have no idea but am willing to take the risks and oc. Oh yea, I don't know how to set the fsb:ram ration either. I've upgraded to the latest bios version from msi but still no luck.
As of right now temps are not an issue, it's just a matter of pushing it a little further. I want to at least get it to 3.4 or 3.5ghz then I'll be happy. Please give me any feedback/suggestions. Thanks.
-Intel P4 630 3.0ghz
-MSI 945g (not sure if it's neo or platinum...mobo says platinum but got it from newegg and it said neo-f socket t)
-2x512 2gb corsair value ram
-antec neopower 480w psu
I'm current using the stock hsf that came with the cpu and getting ok temps. Idle around 35-36 degrees C and with load around 40-41 degrees C. I currently have it clocked at 3.2ghz just by increasing the fsb (214x15) 15 is the default multiplier and it seems to be locked so the only option I had was to increase fsb.
At the current rate I'm running stable but if I increase it any higher there's a 50/50 chance it won't boot up and I have to reset the bios to get it working again. I want to know how to unlock the multiplier and just increase that instead of the fsb. Also, how do i tweak RAM to oc the cpu? I have no idea but am willing to take the risks and oc. Oh yea, I don't know how to set the fsb:ram ration either. I've upgraded to the latest bios version from msi but still no luck.
As of right now temps are not an issue, it's just a matter of pushing it a little further. I want to at least get it to 3.4 or 3.5ghz then I'll be happy. Please give me any feedback/suggestions. Thanks.