Help me OC my 3200 754!

gthorn2000

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 22, 2005
Messages
247
I'm kind of a newbie to overclocking so I'm not sure what a good OC is for a 3200 clawhammer. I have a Thermaltake Silent Boost and a Wave Master case for cooling on a K8NNXP nforce 3 mobo. I have two questions

1. What is an acceptable idle temp for a 3200 Clawhammer 754?

2. What would be a good overclock for my system and what do I need to get it?
 
Don't worry about idle temps, they mean nothing. LOAD temps are what you should worry about, that's the CPU's highest temp when its stressed the most. A good overclock is as far as you can push your system while still being stable. Nothing is guarenteed and every set up is different, so just see what you can do. Read the guides in this section and take everything slowly. Overclocking in a rush is a good way to fry components, especially if you're new to it. but most importantly watch your temps. Load temps should never be above 55C for an A64, and shoot for 50C or under for load temps for everyday use. Good luck man :cool:
 
Back
Top