Help me move on from a Dell 2007wfp

jkmetal

Limp Gawd
Hey guys and gals, I ve finally decided to do it. I m packing up and moving on. It was a long term relationship of 6 1/2 years, filled with tons of awesome memories. However, it just isn't the same anymore.. something broke between us... In this case it was the front panel.

The buttons to my beloved 2007wfp has stopped responding. Can't turn it on or off, change any settings... nothing. Still works, as I'm using it right now. 20,000 + hours and going though. I need a new screen and I m finally ready.

I ve got a few options right now. My budget is $325 or lower with shipping. My computers is throughly mid range (on the lower side too..) so no resolution above 1080p. I game a lot (but perfectly satisfied with input lag/response time with 2007wfp), mostly single player and a big mix of new and old games, so hardware scalling is big. I also love film, have hundreds of dvds and setting my sights on a blu ray drive in the future, so hdcp and good video play back is a must. This will also be my general use monitor.

What monitors I'm considering

1 Dell 2440L
Pro- Resolution step up for blu ray. Great black level and contrast. Fast panel and sexy anti glare colors.
Con- Worried about how reflective this is (some say it is as bad a mirror, with pics to prove it!!). Not in love with AVMA viewing angles.

2 Asus VG VG23AH
Proo- Price, IPS, image quality, size
Con- Apparently these have terrible quality control, as do all modern ips panel.. damn...
Suggestions are welcome. And of course, a thank you to those who reply.

Last edited:
i've covered issues in this thread http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1718116 last few pages.

2007fp is better than that.

Hmmm, I m still leaning toward the s2440l. I can control the lighting conditions where i use my computer and I'm not sold on the idea that all s2440l's have this PWM flicker, espeically those sold in the United States. I m going to hop down to my local best buy and check out as many monitors as I can in person and will buy from them. They have a no hassle return policy.

The pc monitor industry is in a sad state if I'm deciding which monitor to buy based off how easy it would be to return it.

Back