help me guess overclock of new system

blueadept33

Limp Gawd
I'm new to overclock but I just built a system with an opteron 165, Corsair TWINX2048-3500LLPRO DDR and Asus A8N32 SLI deluxe, I wanna try for 2.6ghz right away, should I wait a few days for tha AS5 to settle or what? right now I'm just having fun getting my apps on it

you should probably overclock and stuff *before* you load most of your apps on it, as theres a possibility that something might mess up and you'd need a fresh install of windows.

i'd say 2.6 is a safe bet tho, but just for kicks you should try messing with everything, seeing the fsb limit of ur board, the memory limits, etc.

I'd say 2.6 is pretty safe too, provided you have efficient cooling. The FSB will need to be fairly high to reach 2.6 (~289) or higher with a 9x multiplier.

I wouldn't try for 2.6 right away, but instead try to find the limits of the individual components (mobo, CPU and then RAM). You may be surprised to find that its stable at a higher clock speed too. Since a stable OC is key, make sure to stress test thoroughly.

Back