Help me fix crackling with BF2142

playrh8r

Gawd
Joined
Aug 18, 2004
Messages
638
I'm noticing a weird bug with my sound during games. When I'm flying, acting as a gunner, or running around with a walker, I get faint sound crackling. I've tried setting the sound to hardware which seemed to help but did not ultimatetly resolve the issue.

Has anyone seen this? I am currently using my integrated HD Audio and if a dedicated sound card would solve this issue, i'll buy today.

Would a Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer fix this issue?

Specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo e6600
2GB Corsair XMS DDR2-6400
WD Raptor 150gb 16mb cache
eVga 7900GT KO
Asus P5B p965
Asus Vento Case
Dell 2007WFP 20.1" Monitor

thanks,

Jeff
 
Do you have the game set to hardware sound instead of software? That fixed it for me.
 
playrh8r said:
I'm noticing a weird bug with my sound during games. When I'm flying, acting as a gunner, or running around with a walker, I get faint sound crackling.

Lower the volume controls in windows, turn down the master volume to about 1/2 and see if that helps.
 
playrh8r said:
I've tried setting the sound to hardware which seemed to help but did not ultimatetly resolve the issue.

I'll try lowering the sound levels.

Jeff
 
playrh8r said:
I'm noticing a weird bug with my sound during games. When I'm flying, acting as a gunner, or running around with a walker, I get faint sound crackling. I've tried setting the sound to hardware which seemed to help but did not ultimatetly resolve the issue.

Has anyone seen this? I am currently using my integrated HD Audio and if a dedicated sound card would solve this issue, i'll buy today.

Would a Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer fix this issue?

Specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo e6600
2GB Corsair XMS DDR2-6400
WD Raptor 150gb 16mb cache
eVga 7900GT KO
Asus P5B p965
Asus Vento Case
Dell 2007WFP 20.1" Monitor

thanks,

Jeff


Set your clock speed to default if your overclocked.

If you want to overclock and have a Uli southbridge, check your bios for any setting that makes high precision event timings for PCI bus (like the Uli chipsets HPET feature in my CFX3200 motherboard).

The crackling is caused by PCI data latency greater than 16ms (the PCI spec).
 
BBA said:
Set your clock speed to default if your overclocked.

If you want to overclock and have a Uli southbridge, check your bios for any setting that makes high precision event timings for PCI bus (like the Uli chipsets HPET feature in my CFX3200 motherboard).

The crackling is caused by PCI data latency greater than 16ms (the PCI spec).

System is at stock speeds and latest bios is being used.

thanks,

Jeff
 
Did you set all mixer settings to 75% volume, as well as in game audio to a lower setting?
 
Back
Top