Help me find this laptop

mrwill

Limp Gawd
Is it possible to find a 15 inch laptop for less than $1000 with the following specs:

REQUIRED
i7 quad core processor
at least 8 GB of memory
1920x1080 resolution or more
HDMI output
CD/DVD drive
at least 5 hours of battery
Max price of $1000

A pretty common set of features for that price really. If you go use Newegg for example you should be able to use their search to find quite a few that fit that criteria to look into.

Any more considerations to narrow the field?

I just bought my wife an inexpensive laptop and it has Win 8.1. This is my first time with W8.1. Not a big fan of it at all, so would probably need one with Win 7-64. Although I have an unused product key for Win 7, so is not really a game changer.

I just bought my wife an inexpensive laptop and it has Win 8.1. This is my first time with W8.1. Not a big fan of it at all, so would probably need one with Win 7-64. Although I have an unused product key for Win 7, so is not really a game changer.

TBH there aren't many differences between W8.1 and W7. If you spend 5 minutes tweaking a few settings you will forget the hate quickly (boot to desktop mainly). I hardly ever see the tiled start screen on my 8.1 machine, and the lack of the start menu isn't a big deal because the search function (Win + S) works very well--I prefer it now over start menu--for quick program launching.

Back