[H]ard|Gawd
Having a hard time finding this, I am hoping someone can help:
I need a video card with the following requirements:

PCI interface
Dual Output (VGA 1024x768 x2)
Low Profile / Half Height card
Cheap

Does such a thing exist?

Damn, Brent beat me to it. I just saw this review and thought about this thread. I am sure you have one of those adapters, right? If not, I am sure a friend has an extra, or you could get one for cheap at a local shop. This is probably the newest, and most feature rich PCI card I have seen.

belmicah said:
Damn, Brent beat me to it. I just saw this review and thought about this thread. I am sure you have one of those adapters, right? If not, I am sure a friend has an extra, or you could get one for cheap at a local shop. This is probably the newest, and most feature rich PCI card I have seen.

I thought they would be cheap, too, so I went to CompUSA and was more than a little disgruntled when I found that it was $24.99. This was a couple years ago, though, and before DVI was used very much. I assume they are cheaper now, but I don't know, because I have about 10 of them that came with various video cards.

Got one of the half hight cards and now I cant close the case. The card is just tall enough to not let the case close.

any sugestions on what to do?

0115071310.jpg

0115071310a.jpg

I thought they would be cheap, too, so I went to CompUSA and was more than a little disgruntled when I found that it was $24.99. This was a couple years ago, though, and before DVI was used very much. I assume they are cheaper now, but I don't know, because I have about 10 of them that came with various video cards.

A year or two ago I went my local CompUSA looking for network cable and found that every single cable they had was overpriced (think $20 for the cheapest cable). I looked more carefully and discovered that every single cable for sale was made by Belkin. Did they have some sort of deal together where they jointly screw over customers? Anyways, I hope this isn't still going on or was confined to my local store, but what the hey.

That looks like a Dell case.
I used the Sapphire X1600pro low profile card in my XPS 210 and it fits just fine. It has HDMI out and VGA so you should be able to make that work.
No problems closing the case with it.

Back