• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Help me find a new PSU

JAW

Gawd
Joined
Feb 8, 2004
Messages
518
Never thought PSU's were so much so I figured I'd post here. To start, my current system this will be for is in my sig. My current PSU is generic and only has one fan and runs very hot. I'd like to replace with a decent one before something bad happens. I could probably get away with a 350watt system, but i'd also like to plan for the future. Would be very nice to be able to keep this psu for when I upgrade to dual-core and next gen vid.

Saw this one on newegg, looks good and affordable but I imagine not much room for upgrades?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817153006

My price range is anywhere from $35-$100, but if I spend more torwards $100 i'd like to know why I should be.
 
Thermaltake....no.

Why should you spend close to 100. Well you want to upgrade in the future. GPU's aren't getting less power hungry and Intel dual cores are probably going ot be more power consuming than single core or their AMD competitors. If you get a good PSU you could make upgrades if you just get a sufficent one for the lower end of your range then you will be getting a new PSU in the future and that is not very economical.


http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817103929 $85

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817103512 $100

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817104934 $90

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817151023 $100
 
Back
Top