Help me find a new case

KENNYB

2[H]4U
I've been using a Koolance system for a few years and i'm trying to find a good looking case to house an internal water cooling system. I want something in the same vein as my current Coolermaster ATC 111-SX1 only larger and without the door. God i hate having a front door on my case, but the only cases i seem to find all have doors.

Anyone have any recommendations?

EDIT: I remember now what my biggest regret was from buying an aluminum case... i used to worry about it too much when setting it on the floor. I still love biege and steel. I think i'm going for the Bismark.

Stacker or the Masstige.

I use the Masstige because it's beautiful and *very* cheap in comparison to other cases.

Both allow a big radiator to be mounted at the front, and still use 1-2 front bays...

second vote for the masstige. I have it and I absolutely love it. It has great features and is perfect for water cooling. I will post some pics of my rig if you are interested. Plus Aerocool is fantastic to deal with. I have ordered several parts from them, even a new top panel to practice modding on. Great staff, amazingly fast shipping and no hassles if you want something.

I also like the overall design of the antec P180, except the damn door.

Not quite what i'm looking for but that website lead to something i do like...

http://www.atacom.com/program/print...710693_24_16_185_86&Item_code=CASS_CHEN_10_1A

It's the Bismark resurrected!!!!

I like. What do you guys think?

The SR107 is a gem of a case IMO. Interchageable bezels allow cusomizing the look and feel of the case, optional hot swap capability, a layout that is spacious internally. Put a triple rad in mine and appreciated not having to cut any fan holes plus still having access to all drive bays. I love the external hdd cages, sweet feature.

If you're interested to see what I did here is a link:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1084697&highlight=chenbro

You obviously have a discerning eye ;)

I don't really have a case suggestion, but if you're interested in selling that 111, shoot me a PM :)

calvin_q said:
The SR107 is a gem of a case IMO. Interchageable bezels allow cusomizing the look and feel of the case, optional hot swap capability, a layout that is spacious internally. Put a triple rad in mine and appreciated not having to cut any fan holes plus still having access to all drive bays. I love the external hdd cages, sweet feature.

If you're interested to see what I did here is a link:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1084697&highlight=chenbro

You obviously have a discerning eye ;)

Man, that is EXACTLY what i'm talking about. I love that the case gives you a choice of front bezels...

Can you take more pictures? Which way are those rad fans blowing? Just from looking at stock pictures i thought it was possible to mod the case's top?

One of my bud's dad has an old chenbro case that they had to mod to accept an ATX mobo. I instantly loved that case. From the prices i had seen i didn't think they were affordable but i was incorrect in that what i had seen included PSUs which i don't need. I guess i need to sell my Koolance unit and maybe my Coolermaster case(which has some strange hold over me).

Rad fans are blowing towards rear of case. Rad is fed by means of twin 92's at the front of the case. Each of the hdd bays has a tool free fan slot for drive cooling.

HDD_BAY_1.JPG

Very happy with the temps. I would question some of the comments you see about X-Flows :rolleyes:

Overall side shot that more effectively illustrates internal spaciousness:

Panorama.JPG

I actually have two bezels and switch back and forth as the mood suits me. Like a suit, who wants to wear the same one all the time? :D

In terms of pricing....

http://www.eagepc.com/product_details.php?id=6773

That is the cheapest price i've seen so far, and it's not to far from home, thanks! Damn... only in black though. Best price i've found for beige is still ~$145.

Back