• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Help me figure out my benchmark problem?

Doodlehed

Limp Gawd
2FA
Joined
Feb 1, 2012
Messages
155
So I upgraded my GPU from a HD 6870 to a 760 gtx. So I'm running some old benchmarks to see how they compare. I'm running into a problem with a CPU scores being half of what they were before. I don't understand it at all. The GPU scores are higher but cpu is all out of whack.

Granted at the time of having my 6870 my cpu was OC'd from 3.6 to 4.4. I get that. I now have it at 4.0 just because its the safest setting with no problems on air. Still OC'd less shouldn't mean half of my cpu score. Posting an image of my benchmark.

YcKUSlI


http://imgur.com/YcKUSlI

My previous best score with my 6870 was 14433 and now with my gtx 760 it's 12320. Something isn't right and I'm getting frustrated trying to figure it out. All drivers are up to date. Only difference is that was on win7 and now im on win8. Maybe my bios settings are screwed up but i dont think so. Originally My score was a bit lower because I forgot to turn turbo core off. I fixed that and still got 2000 pts lower than I did before.
 
your CPU is bottlenecking the card, if you look at graphics score on the result page, the GTX is clearly faster. Also the cpu score is almost half score when you ran it at 4.0ghz
 
That's the problem. There's no reason for my cpu score to be half of what it was. It could be 3/4 of the score, sure...but not that much lower. With the same system, slightly lower clock speed...but much lower scores. Doesn't make any sense. It seems like my cpu is only working......half way?
 
properly uninstalled and clean drivers from system to ensure no traces were left to interfere with results and for that matter the recommended drivers for that 760?
 
The graphics card is getting great scores. No problems there. There's only one driver i've installed for the mobo/cpu. Same driver. Uninstalling it and installing the same drivers isn't going to change anything.
 
I just fresh installed everything from the OS up. Same BS happening. I don't get it. BIOs is reset to default. Nothing installed but drivers.

For some reason it's stating that maximum core clock is 2500 mhz. Maybe that's something I should look into.
 
Back
Top