Help me delete system32 files

redman223

Gawd
I am having a nightmare of a time trying to get my X-Fi to work. I want EVERYTHING related to Creative to be removed. However, it seems that only SYSTEM has full access and can change files in the system32 folder. I have 135 files that need to come out, so I can have peace of mind finally.

Is there anyway to take control of SYSTEM?

I have already tried deleting the files normally, and in safe mode. I even did the true administrator trick from the administrator command box:
net user administrator /active:yes

Still no luck.

I have tried to enable full access on my account, and even to take ownership of these files. Vista will not let me change anything on these files. Many of them are duplicates that must be fighting each other somehow causing chaos in my computer.

format c: ?

You've tried everything I would have. Hopefully Someone else can help better.

I have went into add/remove programs (or whatever vista calls it) and uninstalled everything that was connected with Creative. I then went into safe mode and used driver sweeper, and ccleaner to clean up the hard drive and the registry. When I put the card back in, it goes crazy and lists the X-Fi 30 times, if it would just list it as an unknown device that would be perfect. But it wont do that with these 135 files causing a ruckus in system32.

Try the following:

1. Open an elevated command prompt with administrator rights.

2. Use Windows Explorer to note the location of the files you want to delete.

3. Go to these files and change the owner to your account name.

4. Open Task Manager and kill the explorer.exe process. Your desktop should disappear, but command prompt will still be visible as long as you didn't minimize it.

5. Use command prompt to navigate to the system32 folder and use the /del "whatever the full directory link to the file is" to remove the files.

Hope this works.

Ahh, idea. If the above post(s) don't work, try a linux live cd or a BartPE type disc, or even the recovery console, and use it to go onto the hdd to remove the files.

I would try Ubuntu live as I know that Ubuntu out of the box can read NTFS hdd's.

Back