• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Help me deicde ...

Sc0rched

Gawd
Joined
Sep 28, 2003
Messages
629
Which way to go... I had some NHT speakers die on me and I am really not willing to work to get them repaired.

So I am currently considering between two setups that I am looking to buy used. I currently have a 5.1 integrated amp/receiver that I am able to use. I live in a small apartment so the room I have to fill is not that large. I like good bass response, but rather it be vocal than having my neighbors yell at me for shaking their entire place. I have been a big fan of Klipsch for awhile and used to have their 5.1 Ultras, 5.1 GMX, and a full-on HT setup from their Synergy line. This time I am going on a cheap budget:

Klipsch Promedia 2.1 ($75)

OR

Klipsch KSB 1.1s with Klipsch KW-V 8" subwoofer ($105 total)

The frequency response of the setups seem to be similar with the latter setup a bit more vintage. As I am in a small space I like the fact that the Promedia's are more compact and cheaper, but I feel bad leaving my receiver just sitting there. I also do not know how well the latter will mesh, but it seems like it would be a more powerful setup as well as more upgradeable once I have a higher budget and more room (change the sub, move the 1.1s to surround speakers, and get some bigger fronts). What would you guys do?
 
I went with the KSBs and I have to say I am happy with my choice. Pay for the shipping on the NHTs and they are yours :)
 
Back
Top