Help me decide

SilverSliver

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Feb 23, 2004
Messages
13,227
My current rig is in my sig, I propose 2 options

a) Upgrade my current rig, 1 gig TCCB ram, X800 XT PE or Pro at PE speeds

b) Wait a year and do a full blown upgrade, PCIe, DDR2, so on and so forth.


My dillema is, even with my new parts would my computer need to be upgraded/replaced within the year?
 
option a. definately. and no you wont have to upgrade your computer in one year from now.
 
I'd wait - it's not like you're running a shite system by any stretch of the imagination. On the other hand, an XT PE would double your current graphics performance if you played at high enough resolution to break the CPU bottleneck. You will probably see playable fps one resolution higher and with some more aa and af. If that's enough for you, get the XT PE now.
 
Good point, I think when the point comes to me not being able to play a game I want, at the resolution I want and still have it look decent, then it will be time for a new system.

That or Im just stingy with my wallet, either or...heh.
 
Wait. That system will prolly handle any games in the span of a year. Then a year from now, build a killer. :)
 
Back
Top