• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Help me decide!

focbde

Gawd
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
545
I have moved from Germany to Ireland and have abandoned my old CM690 case and am just taking components with me.

I need to decide now which case to buy to replace it! :)

I have been looking at the following:

Nzxt Phantom Black
CM690-II Advanced
Lian-Li B25FB
Silverstone RV02
Corsair 600T

My basic wish list is:

Good cable management (preferably with rubber grommets in pass-thru holes)
Doesn't look too 'idiotic' (the Nzxt Phantom puts me off a bit in that regard)
Good included cooling with scope for improvement/water cooling for future upgrades.
Solid workmanship - nothing 'flimsy'

It will be housing a mid-level PC (i5-750 @ 3.6Ghz + HD4890 which is soon to be replaced).

The cheaper the better, naturally... I only wish the Corsair 650D was out already, as it looks perfect!

Edit: I have also considered the Fractal Design R3 Titanium - I really like a 'classy' look to a case rather than over-blingy, but I am concerned about the level of workmanship on the R3 as well as how the cable management works. Anyone got one who can comment?

Any thoughts/advice?

Thanks!
 
Last edited:
Corsair 600T would be by my choice from your list.

Contemporary yet sophisticated exterior, well laid out interior, good cable management; win/win
 
Cheers man... you have swayed me towards what I was sort of leaning towards anyway. More money than some of the others but I think it is worth it.

My other option though is to go for a real cheapie like the Zalman Z9 until the 650D comes on the market.
 
Get 600T if you can't wait. 650D if you can wait
wink.gif

My suggestion and honest opinion. hehe.
 
Heheh, yep, the 650D is just gorgeous. I would actually just say 'Screw it' and go for the 800D but it is just too big - don't need that space.

I think I will get the Z9 for now, buy the 650D later and then use the Z9 for a second file server or something.
 
Back
Top