inotocracy
Supreme [H]ardness
- Joined
- Jul 25, 2004
- Messages
- 5,625
Hey guys,
I'm in the market for a new monitor, I'd like to reclaim some of my desk realestate and get rid of the CRT. I figure ghosting is a non-issue now since LCDs have matured (correct?) and its time to hop on the waggon.
So I do a lot of development so I like to have a lot of room to work with. I do game but not as much anymore, maybe some HL2/CS or FEAR every now and then (I still haven't beat fear, I'm escorting that Alice Wade (is that her name?) to the roof) but nothing major. I was thinking of getting two of these guys:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16824163130
How are the specs? The most I know about LCDs is the response time should be as low as possible to avoid ghosting, the contrast ratio should also be as high as possible? Apple 30" cinema has a 400:1 ratio, so I figure 500:1 should be ok?
If you guys have some recommendations on other flatscreens that are around this price or cheaper (going up is not an option, yes $20 more is a big deal) at that size please do tell! Thanks!
P.S: I'm upgrading from two 19" CRTs
I'm in the market for a new monitor, I'd like to reclaim some of my desk realestate and get rid of the CRT. I figure ghosting is a non-issue now since LCDs have matured (correct?) and its time to hop on the waggon.
So I do a lot of development so I like to have a lot of room to work with. I do game but not as much anymore, maybe some HL2/CS or FEAR every now and then (I still haven't beat fear, I'm escorting that Alice Wade (is that her name?) to the roof) but nothing major. I was thinking of getting two of these guys:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16824163130
How are the specs? The most I know about LCDs is the response time should be as low as possible to avoid ghosting, the contrast ratio should also be as high as possible? Apple 30" cinema has a 400:1 ratio, so I figure 500:1 should be ok?
If you guys have some recommendations on other flatscreens that are around this price or cheaper (going up is not an option, yes $20 more is a big deal) at that size please do tell! Thanks!
P.S: I'm upgrading from two 19" CRTs