Help me decide... Spectrum2 or Razr M.

AjFreimuth

[H]ard|Gawd
Well, the LG is built by LG. So good luck with your Razr M.

Seriously, the LG is a piece of shit. There are a TON of issues right now with the Optimus G (the AT&T/GSM/Internationaal version of the Spec2) and a ton of issues with the Nexus 4. Honestly though, I'd go with the Razr HD, but the Razr M is a damn fine phone.

Anything specific you "hear/see" about the Spectrum2? I haven't seen any major issues posted around the net just a complaint about the power/notification light being at the top of the phone and people whining they can't see it...

Seriously wonder why people have random hate for the Spectrum2. I haven't found any concrete honest issues people have posted about it. The little I do see if good things...

I'm pretty set on the LG I think if the verizon store I head to tommorow will price match it for me I'll grab that.

I've held both and played with them alittle at the store and the LG just feels better to me and from what I did use on it felt more fluid etc.

Yes, it feels better. but after 5 years in the mobile industry, and owning multiple horror story LG phones, plus owning the Nexus 4, plus reading up on the Optimus G (seriously, read the forums on XDA), the Nexus 4 was officially the LAST LG product I buy. It was against my better judgement to even buy the Nexus, too...

Lets not forget LG's track record of software updates either...

RAZR M. Reviews won't tell you it will break/die in a matter of months or that it will never see any significant software updates (or at least in a timely manner). The RAZR M got 4.1 just a few months after its debut and Moto has been showing much better support for their RAZR line, comparable with Samsung and the Galaxy S series. I bet that Spectrum 2 will stay on the same software it shipped with (ICS 4.0.1) for a long time still.

I'm not sure if this is serious right now. That LG phone looks god awful, get the motorola and call it a day you'll be glad you did

Razr M. I wish Apple would build the next iPhone to the form/size of the M. It's a fantastic phone.

DIdn't get the RazrHD/HDMaxx as I was looking in the $50 price range with upgrade.

I went with the Spectrum2 was able to get the local wireless place to price match a few of the online e-tailers at $1.

This thing is so nice I've only had it for 2 days now. But it's leaps and bounds ahead of my DroidX

Performance is great so far.
The screen is nice and bright and big.

Even the call quality is far superior.

I held the RazrM again while at the store (One of the employees had it.) it was just too small feeling in my hands and the screen just paled in comparison to me.

Also as far as the version of Android it's running. I was stuck on 2.4.4 with my DroidX for how long? I'm not really worried about 4.1+ , 4.0.4 is fine for me.

Thanks again for the input guys but so far I haven't found a single reason to regret my decision.

Well, the LG is built by LG. So good luck with your Razr M.

Seriously, the LG is a piece of shit. There are a TON of issues right now with the Optimus G (the AT&T/GSM/Internationaal version of the Spec2) and a ton of issues with the Nexus 4. Honestly though, I'd go with the Razr HD, but the Razr M is a damn fine phone.

I have had an LG G2X and the build quality was good. Yes it seems a little plastic but it was sold and I had no problems with it except for the fact that it was stuck on Gingerbread forever thanks to LG. That has nothing to do with build quality.

I have the Nexus 4 and have no issues with it whatsoever. The only issue I have heard of was the earpiece. Care to explain what other build issues it has so I could start worrying now?

Razr M. I wish Apple would build the next iPhone to the form/size of the M. It's a fantastic phone.

+1 ... Motorola recently started shipping android in a form that is actually usable, and resembling the real aosp

I'm addition to that, the amazing size of the phone and the big screen and build quality make it the only non-nexus that is ever recommend anyone buy at the moment

I have the Nexus 4 and have no issues with it whatsoever. The only issue I have heard of was the earpiece. Care to explain what other build issues it has so I could start worrying now?

Ear piece, durability of the glass both with scratches and spontaneous cracking, the chrome ring peeling (mine has done this almost from the beginning, need to call Google), buttons going soft or unresponsive... There's others, but my coffee hasn't kicked in yet.

Edit: Screen flicker too!

Ear piece, durability of the glass both with scratches and spontaneous cracking, the chrome ring peeling (mine has done this almost from the beginning, need to call Google), buttons going soft or unresponsive... There's others, but my coffee hasn't kicked in yet.

Edit: Screen flicker too!

Thanks good I have not had any of these issues. *knocks wood"

Back