• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Help me decide, fast!

Mijae

Weaksauce
Joined
Jun 19, 2003
Messages
95
Ok, I have a choise of buying a Creative Inspire 5.1 or 4.1, the only difference is that I'd have to wait like 4 days to get the 5.1, and only minutes to get the 4.1 version.

The 5.1 is the 5400 version and the 4.1 is the 4400 version, both are wireless speakers and stuff (which is nice).

I have a creative Audigy Platinum 24bit sound card, so it supports 5.1.

My question here is, will there be a big/huge difference between 4.1 and 5.1?

I mean, to a common college student, will the sound difference be noticeable? Note that I live in an apartment and I'd have the speakers in each corner of the living room hanged at the top of the corners :D

Help me decide now! Thanks :)
 
Go with the 5.1 speaker setup since your card supports 5.1. You might regret it later if you don't get the 5.1.
 
You prefer a car with 4 tires or 3? Sure 3 works but 4 is a tad better overall. Stop acting 2 and order the 5.1! :p
 
Let me guess.............. this thread came from the general hardware section. :rolleyes:
First off, neither one of the speaker systems you mentioned is a wireless system.
Were did you get that from?
Secondly, I am of the opinion that you are MUCH better off buying a nice 2.1 speaker system then you are buying a mediocre 4.1 or 5.1 system.
You can always add another 2.1 system later and have a nice 4.2 system. :)

If you are bound and determined to purchase a multichannel solution (or any speaker system for that matter) you should go listen to them before you decide on witch one sounds/ performs better.
Don't be a sheep your whole life.... learn to think for yourself.
Even the much maligned Z640s kick the crap out of the speaker systems you mentioned. :)
 
Nevermind the wireless part, I was thinking something else.

What 2.1 system would you recommend?
 
Originally posted by Mijae
Nevermind the wireless part, I was thinking something else.

What 2.1 system would you recommend?

The Klipsh promedia is a safe bet.
 
I would go with the Altec Lansing MX5021. The mids and highs are about the best and the sub goes down the 30 Hz.
 
Back
Top