Help me configure my Fractal R6 9900k build

Hello all.

Need some help with the following build

9900k CPU (Going to try to overclock all 8 cores to 5Ghz)
Swiftech 360x3 AIO CPU cooler
Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
Palit GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GamingPro OC

I took delivery of the case on Friday and spent 30 minutes converting it to the 'Open internal layout' which was hassle free. Case seems really well built and easy to work with so far.

In case you aren't aware, the case comes with 2x140mm front mounted intake fans and a 1x140mm rear exhaust fan

I've purchased a Swiftech 360x3 AIO cooler and the fans come pre-installed on top of the radiator due to the design. In the default configuration they are set to intake ('push') air through the radiator in to the case.

360_2.jpg

Originally I was planning on installing the 360x3 at the top of the case, but that seems like it wouldn't be the most efficient way of doing things.

My options are

1) Mount the CPU radiator on the top 'as is' - Though this will give me 5 intake fans and only 1x exhaust fan!

2) Mount the CPU radiator on the top and turn the fans around to 'Pull' air out of the top of the case - This will mean I have 2x intake fans and 4x exhaust fans

3) Mount the CPU radiator on the front of the case and keep the fans as they are, Pushing air in to the case. And move the 2x140mm fans that come with the case to the top as 'exhaust' fans

I figure option 3 might actually be best because then I'll have balance airflow (3x intake / 3x exhaust) but I'm worried that the GPU will then be fed with hot air moving through the radiator. It also means I won't be able to see the reservoir...

Any advice will be much appreciated.

#3 would be your best option. the heat put off by the rad will be minimal even if your ocing. the only time it would become noticeable is if your benching or gaming for long periods. even then it will only increase your case temps by a few degrees at most. the alternative is to have all of the heat generated by the mbs vrms and gpu going out thru the rad if its top mounted. also most rads perform at their best with the fans in push or push/pull.
that swiftech loop is a solid choice in that your able to include your gpu and mb if you want vs most aios that are very limited in the ability to add to them.

Back