• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Help me choose

With speakers that size, I would probably lean toward the Edifiers for more full range output.
 
The Swans may actually be the best out of them, but I hear the satellites are tethered to the subwoofer.
 
The Swan M10 is good, but that's not a true subwoofer from what I understand.
 
Heh, well a 5" driver is basically an upper-bass module. It's smaller than the mid-bass driver of your modern typical bookshelf speaker (on average 6")
 
Of those listed I would choose the AV40.
That model Swam speaker has build quality issues. Got a pair for christmas one year, by mid january the amp inside the mid woofer cabinet died.
 
Of those three, I'd pick the edifier. The av40s can't put out bass, but try to anyway and end up thumping and distorting. And although the tweeter is silk, the highs sound harsh and metallic to my ears.

Still, if I were you'd i'd just grab this a mini stereo amp like this one (50watts/ channel)
300-383_s.jpg

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=300-383


and just find a decent pair of bookshelves.

Even these $25 Daytons will sound better than the av40s. And they look a hell of a lot nicer too.

300-652_s.jpg

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=300-652&scqty=1

Those bookshelves don't put out a whole lot lot of bass by themselves, but the sound they do put out is clean and natural, and since this is an amp>passives setup, you can properly add a sub.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top