• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Help me choose some PC4000 please.

CANiSLAYu

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Mar 13, 2000
Messages
6,667
Specs in sig. I want to add another gig of RAM, and I figure while I'm at it I might as well just upgrade to PC4000 since this 3500 can't handle 238MHz @ 1:1. So basically I'll be getting 4x 512MB sticks and running at 238MHz for now. I'll move to watercooling eventually and probably go a bit higher, but I doubt this chip would go over 250MHz. So, given that, which of these would you recommend for me:

Corsair XMS 4000 Platinum - $498 for 2GB
Geil Ultra Series PC4000 - $520 for 2GB
OCZ Enhanced Latency PC4000 - $530 for 2GB
OCZ Gold Edition Rev2 PC4000 - $550 for 2GB
OCZ Enhanced Latency Gold PC4000 - $554 for 2GB

TIA.
 
I have the Corsair and love it. All your choices are great and you really can't go wrong with any you pick. I'd probably get the memory with the tightest timings.
 
Okay, well, looks like I won't be going with Newegg on this purchase (since I live in CA), haha. Since I haven't made a big purchase for my PC in a while (I just got the new CPU locally via one of those Frys combo deals) I forgot to calculate the tax, which would end up being around ~$40. Monarch Computer has these two choices in the range I want to spend:

Corsair
OCZ

I'd imagine for the extra $18 the OCZ (4200 vs 4000) would be the better choice? I'm a bit apprehensive because, though I haven't been keeping up with things lately, OCZ used to have a bad rap. It seems like they have turned things around now though and produce quality stuff; is that correct? Thanks for the help guys.
 
Back
Top