This is my first post, and I need the collective wisdom of the forum!
I've selected all the parts for my new rig (briefly it's an Asus p5wd2 955x motherboard with an 830 dual core). Problem is, I have no clue what memory to get. I was looking at the Geil 2GB DDR2-667 dual channel kit which goes for around $282 on Newegg, but there isn't an abundance of reviews on DDR2-667 memory. Do I even need DDR2-667? Would lower latency DDR2-533 be better than slower DDR2-667? Does anyone have any suggestions that won't break the bank? I game maybe 25% of the time will the rest of the time is spent doing heavy multitasking (~20 browser windows, e-mail, word/excel, virtual pcs, etc.) Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
Rob
I've selected all the parts for my new rig (briefly it's an Asus p5wd2 955x motherboard with an 830 dual core). Problem is, I have no clue what memory to get. I was looking at the Geil 2GB DDR2-667 dual channel kit which goes for around $282 on Newegg, but there isn't an abundance of reviews on DDR2-667 memory. Do I even need DDR2-667? Would lower latency DDR2-533 be better than slower DDR2-667? Does anyone have any suggestions that won't break the bank? I game maybe 25% of the time will the rest of the time is spent doing heavy multitasking (~20 browser windows, e-mail, word/excel, virtual pcs, etc.) Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
Rob