Help me choose... G700, Orochi, or Mamba '12

NICKSTAR

2[H]4U
Alright so ill make it short and sweet.

I have a g500 and i like it, but I want to switch to wireless.

Ive had several mice in my time ,but my favorites were the DeathAdder, G9x, and G500.

Least favorite was the Diamondback.. Was just tooo skinny.

The mamba seems to resemble the deathadder which i love.
The orochi seems to resemble the g9x and I liked it as well..
G700 is alot like the G5, g500, mx518.. liked it as well.

I use a claw grip while using a mouse. Normally my middle and ring finger on the buttons. So the shortness of the orochi really isnt an issue.

Looking on feedback on all 3 mice.. Just want to know about battery life and such. I like the idea of the Orochi because of the bluetooth. The mamba looks awesome as well but I hate the big reciever. The G700 is nice as well.. Just think I want a change from the design.

Well the mamba 12 i have experience with.

I enjoyed it. "Enjoyed" as I shipped it off to my brother.

The neat part of the Mamba... BOTH wired and wireless. Though you are looking at 6 hours of wireless play. The big reciever is not an issue especially when you put it by your computer. Tend to forget about it until recharge time. I used the Mamba wired for FPS marathons and wireless to just putz around (browsing etc).

I have both the Orochi and the Mamba 12, which I moved from the Death Adder.

The Orochi is a laptop mouse, it's much smaller than the Mamba and it takes some getting used to. Battery life is pretty good on it and if you need to, you can go wired.

I love my Mamba, I think it's comfortable. Usually use it in wired mode since my computer likes to leave its monitors on when it sits on the charging dock. Not really sure what that's about, my brother doesn't have that issue.

G700 - can't attest to the others as I've never owned them. I had the G500 (Hell I've always had logitech since their first 3 button mouse) prior to the g700 and it, the g700, is everything I wanted the g500 to be. Originally I was skeptical of the construction but I was so wrong. It is solid, better middle button, and all the extra buttons are just great. Also after dealing with the proprietary batteries in the G7 (and anything really) it is so much nicer to use a standard AA. Just buy a four pay of eneloops and whenever you use up four batteries put them to the charge - done. And if you forgot extra batteries while out and about (and the cable that I never even bothered to unpack) well AA are everywhere.

Also to add to Wiz post the Apple Charger w/ 6x 1900mAh AAs is sold at Best Buy for $30 which uses the current generation re-branded Eneloop batteries that can be charged up to 1500 times if you don't want order online.

I have the Orochi, Mamba, and a G500. The Orochi is a very cool portable mouse, I like the fact that it makes gaming possible on the go, and when you are in non-gaming mode, the wireless is cool. Others may argue, but it doesn't feel as good gaming in wireless mode. In wired mode, it can do 1khz (1000hz) polling, which I love, but not in Bluetooth mode. Grip-wise, you won't know until you try it.

The Mamba is a great desktop mouse, but you have to charge it once every few days or it dies. Luckily, it has a wired mode, so you're not useless while charging.

Back