• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

help me choose a LCD

Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Messages
59
1. Budget
$600

2. Seating distance
I'll be using it as a PC monitor to watch movies at 7-8ft and do some internet browsing at around 2-3ft. I'll also use it to play games on my PS3.

3. Size/placement limitations
I think 32" is the biggest I'll go for

4. Uses and sources
Web browsing, console gaming, and movies

I'm debating between 720p and 1080p. Since most games are 720p on the PS3 I'm not sure if I need a 1080p TV. I think I can live with 720p for web surfing also. For movies I'll be sitting 7-8ft away so I'm not sure if it's worth for $200 extra for a 1080p TV.

Here are the options I have in Canada

720p
SONY KDL32L5000 $420
SAMSUNG LN32B360 $400

1080p
Panasonic TC-L32U22 $600
Toshiba 32RV525RZ $500
LG 32LD450 $600

I really want an IPS panel. The only one I'm sure is an IPS panel is the Panasonic.
 
Back
Top