Help me choose a case

Discussion in 'Cases & Case Modding' started by Dutt1113, Sep 5, 2018.

Which case for 7820x and dual 1080Ti's

1. Lian Li pc-v3000

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  2. Phanteks Evolv X

8 vote(s)
    47.1%
  3. Thermaltake View 91

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  4. Other

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  1. Dutt1113

Dutt1113 [H]ard|Gawd

I'm looking at changing out of my view 71 case. I'm looking for a case to house a 7820x and dual 1080ti's and have enough rad to cool them all. I'm looking for more refined, well built, and good cable management. I've narrowed it down to the options in the poll. If you can suggest any other good alternatives or have any good/bad feedback on any cases let me know.

2. TheGreySpectre

TheGreySpectre Limp Gawd

It confuses me that you have both the Evolv X and the View 91 in your list. The Evolv X doesn't look to offer any additional room over your current View 71 and while the view 91 has a very similar look to the View 71, it's just bigger. I guess my thought would be if you are okay with the look of the View 91 and the size of the Evolve X, then why not just stick with your current case? You should be able to do a dual rad setup in your current View using a 420 and 280 up top.

3. Dutt1113

Dutt1113 [H]ard|Gawd

What was bothering me about the view 71 is the lack of a psu and the total lack of cable management/concealment especially on the backside glass. You can't hide the rats nest of cables at all. Also the plastic the view 71 has makes it feel less premium. The view 91 would feel more premium but doesn't solve the psu shroud or the cablemanagement dilema. I could make my psu shroud. I guess I was looking for something different and more refined. I also get tired of a case after a while too lol

4. TheGreySpectre

TheGreySpectre Limp Gawd

In that case I would go for the Lian Li. I had the V3000's predecessor the V2000 and it was very nice. The aluminum construction on the Lian lis is always top notch.

If

kirbyrj likes this.
  5. Nirad9er

Nirad9er 2[H]4U

This is OPs brother. Basically he wants a new case with newer features but have enough radiator support for the 7820x and 1080ti SLI.

The evolv x is nice however would have to downgrade radiator to a 420 push pull and 280 slim pull vs a 420 and 360 in push pull.

6. IKV1476

IKV1476 Lurker

I voted "Other".
    I have been looking at these for my next build. I want lots of space to do whatever I want.

Here is a link to something new. https://www.thermaltake.com/Chassis/Full_Tower_/Level_20/C_00003282/Level_20_GT/design.htm
    You can even rotate your video cards to horizontal or vertical mounted depending on what you want.

Here is another.
    https://www.thermaltake.com/Chassis/Cube_Case_/Level_20/C_00003284/Level_20_XT/design.htm

These are both very new and I haven't seen any reviews on them yet but they look good and have plenty of space for rads and fans. I especially like the 200mm fan options.

7. Dutt1113

Dutt1113 [H]ard|Gawd

I was looking for something basically all aluminum/metal with little to plastic. Something refined and enough rad space to cool a 7820x and sli 1080ti's

8. Guarana [BAWLS]

Guarana [BAWLS] I am THAT Stupid

I've got a Phanteks Enthoo Evolv, and have a 280 Push/Pull on the top. It's tight, but it DOES work.

9. TheGreySpectre

TheGreySpectre Limp Gawd

I have this case. I really like it and would be glad to answer any questions on it. I can say though that it's very similar to the View 71 just with a few extras and a slightly different aesthetic.

This is how both a GTX360 and GTX 420 fit into the case. I'm waiting for my fittings to come in to see if I have to flip the front rad upside down for pipe routing purposes.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
  10. IdentityCrisis

IdentityCrisis [H]Lite

Lian Li builds a nice case but that case is a lot of money. I've been eyeing the Evolve X since I saw it a few months back, seems like a solid case.

11. Dutt1113

Dutt1113 [H]ard|Gawd

Yeah I've been eye balling it too, but who knows when it will actually be in stock. Pre-orders aren't even shipping until like 9/24 and they probably only had like 10 units of each color which is such bullshit. How can pre-orders sell out? I'm tempted to look into alternatives if phanteks cant deliver soon. What kind of company teases you with a release and then a pre-order and then sorry sold out instantly.

12. Dutt1113

Dutt1113 [H]ard|Gawd

What do you guys think of the Dark Base Pro 900 rev.2?

13. KazeoHin

KazeoHin [H]ardness Supreme

Okay, guy with sales experience with Thermaltake here: Thermaltake as a company are great, their reps are friendly and listen to suggestions, but their cases are cheaply made. The View 71 uses plastic almost exclusively underneath its glass, and many of the plastic panels are misaligned out of the box. Even the 'all metal' constructed cases use sheet metal on the thinner side.

Phanteks, on the other hand, almost OVER build their cases with minimal plastic and THICK metal construction. I would take the phanteks any day.

Please note I don't have sales or ownership experience with Lian Li, though I have worked on more than a couple LL machines for repair, never had any problems with their construction, but not my style.

14. IdentityCrisis

IdentityCrisis [H]Lite

Nice looking case, i've heard and read reviews on some of their cases and they seem to make a good case, I have no experience with the brand and the price is usually more than i'm willing to spend.

15. DoubleTap

DoubleTap [H]ard|Gawd

I was planning on getting the Evolv X but ended up ordering a Cougar Panzer Max.

1. It has 8 slots and I like my gpu with an aftermarket heatsink and 120mm fans - this takes slightly over 3 slots and I'd like the option to run two cards like this in SLI (7 slots might not cut it)

2. Price was almost $100 less

3. Option of 3x 140mm unrestricted front fans or 2x 140mm plus 2x 5.25" bays

4. Easy filter removal

5. Can run 360mm rads in front and top if needed.

6. I like the look.

16. hititnquitit

hititnquitit n00bie

the v3000 is a sweet case! but the front cover is plain jane boring. it would suck to have to cut up a new case but thats the only way it would look right. its badass from inside to front. the back ,both sides... then you see that fugly ass front cover. NO lian li NO! go lay down! yeah the front cover is a dawg in a beauty pageant. get your jig saw warmed up boys!

the evolve x just feels to old school apple. just not diggin it at all.

i voted for the 91. the lesser of the two fugly front covers.