Help me buy a tv

p3sty

2[H]4U
10 yr old plasma is dying need new tv. 50 to 60 inch must be a smart tv watch alot of action movies in family room medium to low light. Price would like to keep it below 1500 and yes I’m lazy looking to narrow the options down a bit.

For that price, I would recommend the Samsung QLED. That's what I'm using and it's been great.

If you can spend a little more, the LG OLED will be just about the best, especially for dark lighting and movies.

For that price, I would recommend the Samsung QLED. That's what I'm using and it's been great.

If you can spend a little more, the LG OLED will be just about the best, especially for dark lighting and movies.
55" LG OLED's have been on sale for like 1200€. I'm sure black friday will get you one well below 1500.

For a low light room the OLED will absolutely murder any QLED LCD's in picture quality...

I would look at LG OLEDs.

I have a Samsung KS7005 (Nordic KS8000) and the TV itself is ok, but the smart TV functionality is a bag of shit: Apps constantly crashing, getting stuck in states that require force restart or even resetting all the smart hub settings. The remote also has some weird issue where it sometimes refuses to work and you have to remove and put back in the batteries. I've replaced the smart functionality with a Chromecast Ultra and I'm much happier with that. I don't see myself buying a Samsung TV again.

https://www.rtings.com/ is a good source for reviews.

check out ratings study of oled burn in.
Even LG worked with them on it.
YES OLED burnin is real.
nothing to worry about in normal home usage. Especially if you don't do 6hr+ gaming sessions.

This is a really really bad time to buy. To much change coming out in the next year or two.

If you just have to have to have to get something, I'd wouldn't spend an arm and a leg just so you can upgrade in 2 or 3 years (or less) and not feel so bad. Just my opinion.

For others, I purchased my LG OLED in April 2016, works fine and it's on at least 14 hours a day everyday. Would I buy one today? No. Too expensive given the upcoming tuner change and other things. Burn in? No, not like plasma at all.

I'd probably opt for a cheap TCL TV today and buy what I really want in 2 years or so. If you're going to buy an outdated TV, don't spend a lot of money. And there's really no problem going with OLED and unlike the Samsung's, you won't feel like you're staring directly at the sun all the time, but I'd wait to make that purchase.

I hate to tell you but one tv showed burn in during calibration...that is not a 6 hr gaming session

Well thank you for inputs .whats the source of all the upcoming changes ? If I buy a tv now I tend not to do so with the idea to replace in a year or two . I’m kinda ride or die with the home stuff unlike my computer which is always in flux

. Really? Aren’t TCL just shit?

As far as picture quality, they're okay. But they win tons of review awards for "Best TV" and not just for the budget. I have a 65" TCL, I love it. I paid $1000 a few years ago. Could the blacks be blacker, yes. But I can buy a new one when they get better in a year vs being stuck with it for years.

I went with the qled myself as a monitor, but for regular use I recommend the SONY x900. It is an easy to recognize name for the non-tech friends that are asking, and sits in a very good position for tech. For some more savings TCL is nice but getting the right model is more confusing. Same with the Vizio, but the P series would be the go to for them

I hate to tell you but one tv showed burn in during calibration...that is not a 6 hr gaming session
that was the factory bug on the 55C7V, which has been corrected. And I think with a firmware update you could get rid of it as well, if you got that early batch.

So for a tcl which one is above average

Look for one with HDR, Dolby Vision, and one with multi zone dynamic backlighting. The edge lit ones arent bad, but you'll get better contrast ratio with dynamic full panel backlighting.

Multi Zone:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tcl-55...d-tv-with-hdr-roku-tv/6204548.p?skuId=6204548

Edge Lit:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tcl-55...d-tv-with-hdr-roku-tv/6202783.p?skuId=6202783

No Dolby Vision, but Has HDR:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tcl-55...d-tv-with-hdr-roku-tv/5878703.p?skuId=5878703

Back