Help Me Buy A Mobo Quick!!

MadFlava

Limp Gawd
Im ready to order a bunch of stuff from Newegg but unfortunately I cant seem to get a clear answer from anyone about whether the processor I want is compatible with the motherboard I want. Here's what I have picked out:

AMD 64 3700 SD core
MSI K8N Neo 2 Platinum motherboard
PQI 2x1G DDR 400 RAM

MSI says this processor and the Venice processors are "still under testing" with this motherboard. Is anyone using a SD core processor with an Nforce 3 motherboard? If so, which board? The only real requirement I have is I have to be able to get to all the SATA connectors and my video card is a GF 6800 Ultra so it's a 2 slotter and gonna make things tight in there if the SATA ports are underneath the video card.

My venice works great on my neo2 Platinum. The sata ports are all accessible with a 6800 utlra. 2 of them are just above the agp slot and the other 2 are at the bottom right. If you are overclocking though, you can only use the ones close to the agp slot, because the other two arent locked.

I ended up going with the Gigabyte NF3 motherboard because MSI told me that the SD core was still being "tested" with the Neo 2. Hopefully I made a decent choice. I really dont care about overclocking so as long as the board is stable, I'll be happy.

Back