• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Help me build my system

bitbum

Gawd
Joined
Mar 10, 2003
Messages
522
I want to build a gaming PC that I will want to overclock and water cool. I have never overclocked an AMD system, so not too sure about what memory works
well, I'll leave that open. I was thinking about getting 2 GB because of memory intensive games. How will that effect overclocking? I chose the AMD 3700+ because of the larger cache. Does that make sense, or no.

I have put together some parts I think might go together well. Tell me what you think.


Case: CM Stacker STC-T01-UWK Black

Power Supply: Hiper Hiper Modular Type-R 580W HPU-4B580

Water Cooling: Swiftech H20-APEX

Hard Drive: Maxtor DiamondMax 10 300GB IDE Ultra ATA133
Optical Drive: Liteon 16X DVD Rom Drive

Motherboard: DFI LP NF4 UT SLI-DR Expert
Memory
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3700+ Socket 939 2.2GHz CPU, L2 1024K, San Diego

Graphics Card: BFG Geforce 7800GTX
 
amd is easy to OC, but make sure you know what you're doing with that DFI board. I've heard there are ALOT of options in the bios that can be troublesome if you dont know what you are doing.
As far as the memory is concerned, just get some good stuff and try to run it without a divider. You should be able to get that san diego up to 2.6 easy.
 
Back
Top