• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Help me build/choose system

Trayton

n00b
Joined
Feb 25, 2005
Messages
8
Hello I apoglize if this is the wrong thread to post in but well I've come here to get help building a new system and I need some input and any is appreciated.

I was looking at getting an FX-53,55 but price wise I think its silly and for gaming I heard I wouldn't notice a lot of difference between those and say a 3500+ (looked at the 3800+ and 4000+ but money wise (the jump is not worth it imo).

So inless someone else has something to add or say to persuade me I am thinking

MotherBoard : MSI Neo 4 SLI (motherboard) looked at the ASUS, DFI, GIGA mobo's but from what I've read the MSI is best correct?

CPU : 3500+ (939) (is the heatsink included fine or should i look at a different one? if so which?)

RAM : (generic is fine is it not i have 2 other 64bit systems and well I've never had expensive ram but the generic stuff I am using (all pc3200 (400mhz) seems to do fine?) how much of a difference would i notice with more expensive ram?

HardDrives :(I want to know what people think of the 16meg cache hd's) I currently have a 74GB Raptor and I love it (can't wait to get another so I can RAID 0 it :) )

Video Cards : I personally am looking at the XFX 6800GT (PCI-E) and 2 of them do to I think they are cheaper (cost wise then others such as BFG, eVGA, etc..) but is it a good card or should i get a more expensive make (BFG etc).

PSU : (not sure what to get here normally I get Enermax and have never had a problem but well I heard there are quite a few other good brands out now)

Case : This is an area I know nothing about I dont really care about having fancy lights etc as much as having a stable case (i have 2 young children) and perhaps having the power button behind a door or hidden lol. Ofcourse I also want it to have good airflow to keep my computer cool as I leave my computers on 24/7.

Anything I've left out feel free to add thanks and any help and input is appreciated I've read many reviews on this site and figure this should be one of the better sites to ask for help :)

======================

ADDING : BTW I was looking at ordering this from say tigerdirect.ca, atic.ca, oemexpress.com, or something like that is there cheaper places or better ones thanks (prefer to try to get everything from one place so I dont have to pay shipping all over the place)
 
Back
Top