Help me borg 81Ghz pleeeeeeze :)

FLECOM

Modder(ator) & [H]ardest Folder Evar
Staff member
2FA
Joined
Jun 27, 2001
Messages
15,832
I have 32 P4 2.53's im trying to borg, but i have two big problems...

1) Deep Freeze...
2) CyberCafe Pro...

ok to get past the Deep Freeze issue i made a share on a server, and made a folder for each one of the 32 machines with folding and the cfg etc...

oringally i tried to just map a network drive and setup folding as a service...

no go, services cant run from a network drive apparantly...

then i tried to setup HideIt as a startup item... but CyberCafe pro loads inplace of explorer, so it dosent execute the startup items...

i tried setting up an automated task to run folding... then i get this...

"Folding.job" (FAH4Console.exe) 8/15/2004 2:51:43 PM ** ERROR **
Unable to start task.
The specific error is:
0x80070005: Access is denied.
Try using the Task page Browse button to locate the application.

any ideas?
 
Have you tried to put it into the registry manually?

Try putting it in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Run
 
dr_dirtnap said:
Have you tried to put it into the registry manually?

Try putting it in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Run

same thing, wont execute when CyberCafe loads... just like adding it to the startup folder
 
Ok, this is going to sound stupid I know, but..is there no way to load it within CyberCafe?

Just a thought, I don't have that many these days ;)

BillR
 
ive looked like crazy, cybercafe dosent appear to have any way to execute other things... and ive been looking all morning...

also i cant find any way to tell deep freeze to not "Freeze" a specific folder... since we have deep freeze regular i think... not sure, but you get like NO options in the control panel....
 
Ok, I’m not stupid (not entirely) but a program that administrates your OS that won’t let you administrate the program makes no sense to me. It just runs using their settings and you have no say so on anything?

Dumb :rolleyes:

Good luck dude

BillR

Besides, I'm still trying to catch up and pass you ;)
 
It sounds like you're closest to being able to get the scheduled task running. I had a similar problem on 4 or 5 systems before I installed a hotfix. I think the hotfix I installed was rolled up in SP2 for XP, so you might want to try installing that to see if it fixes the problem. If you want to try them individually, you can look through the list of fixes in SP2 and find the scheduled task related items and get the hotfixes from MS individually.
 
How does Windows load Cyber Cafe?

Just wondering, maybe try using a scheduled task ran as Administrator? It's hard to believe that there isn't an easy way since may drivers and such come with memory resident programs.


Did you try the autoexec.bat file? I heard it runs at startup. J/K
 
i was running the automated task as the administrator account, since the xp account that auto-loggins dosent have a password therefore you cant make any tasks using it... it gives you a "user has no password" error...

and im not sure how CCP loads, you run it, the machine restarts then goes into CCP... unless its set to auto-load (which it is obviously) then the machine logs in and goes straight to CCP...

perhaps they are replacing the shell explorer.exe bascially?

i think that has to be kinda what they are doing becuase explorer dosent load at all when CCP does...
 
I dont know if it helps, but if it is giving the error that the account dosent have a password, perhaps you can creat another acct, with admin access, that has a password....then go from there?
 
Or, give it a password and make it auto logon? Perhaps a small script would do it.

BillR
 
Back
Top