I'll try to make this as short as possible. The Flight simulator X demo hosed my windows install. Restore points and the repair console didn't help. I couldn't even uninstall the program because nothing would come up in the remove software tab The machine would lock up in windows after a couple of minutes no matter what I was doing. It had been a while since I did a fresh install so I figured what the heck, might as well start fresh. I unhooked my extra hard drive so there would be no accidents as always. Not that I ever formatted the wrong drive.
I'm just finishing up my install and reconnected my 2nd drive and windows says the drive is corrupted and unreadable. Keep in mind that this drive is only a few months old and was working perfectly until this point. No funny sounds or anything like that. In system managment it show as an unfromatted drive and completely empty. Any ideas on what to do or software to try to recover the data on this drive would be very helpful.
p.s. I didn't install the nvidia ide driver because I've heard so may bad things about it.
Specs
Amd 3800+ dual core
2gb kingston ddr 400
asus A8N sli deluxe with 6.86 chipset drivers
Windows XP sp2
2x evga 7900gt's in sli
lg dvd burner
1 seagate 250gb sata drive
1 wd 250gb sata this is the one with the troubles.
both drives are connected to the nvidia sata controller but not in raid.
p.s. I didn't install the nvidia ide driver because I've heard so may bad things about it.
Specs
Amd 3800+ dual core
2gb kingston ddr 400
asus A8N sli deluxe with 6.86 chipset drivers
Windows XP sp2
2x evga 7900gt's in sli
lg dvd burner
1 seagate 250gb sata drive
1 wd 250gb sata this is the one with the troubles.
both drives are connected to the nvidia sata controller but not in raid.