Help! LSI-8888ELP Battery Unit

dalekphalm

Limp Gawd
Hey everyone,

I recently picked up one of those SE3016 expanders, and with it I purchased an LSI-8888ELP w/ BBU.

The BBU is attached to a daughter board, as well as some sort of Metal bracket. My main issue is that I cannot for the life of me, figure out how/where to mount the BBU. I can connect it to the LSI-8888ELP easily enough, but without a way to mount it, it would be loose inside my case.

Here is a picture of the LSI-8888ELP:
LSI-MegaRAID-8888ELP-top.jpg

And here are 3 pictures of my BBU:
WP_000303_zpsb8b9224f.jpg

WP_000301_zps0f4f8988.jpg

WP_000302_zps5468f874.jpg

There are what looks like 2 screw holes on the folded out piece of the bracket, but I can't figure out where they would screw in. My case doesn't have any unused screw holes anywhere near the PCIe slots that I can see. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

That is a pull from some server which has a mount point for it. The basic LSI part out of the box is just the PCB and cable (example on ebay) The side with the 2 screw holes through the PCB is the right spacing to fit onto a PCI slot cover. I believe some old PCI analog modems had the right spacing that would line up to fit those screw holes if you can find a donor slot cover with screw points.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back