Help, Laptop under 1k?

NeoThoR

Gawd
That doesn't have a celeron chip.. and has a good graphics card...

I can't seem to find one... doesn't have to be a 3ghz computer or AMD 64 chip.. just something good.

there's a guy here selling a Dell Inspiron for 8600 that would retail at over $2500 from Dell for just $1000.

Pentium-M 1.7ghz
1gb DDR
40gb 4200 rpm drive
802.11BG
1920x1200 WUXGA LCD (no dead pixels)
128mb Radeon 9600Pro
CDRW/DVD combo
Docking station
CompleteCare warranty through Feb 2007.
3.5-4 hour battery life; 1.5 while gaming.

I was thinking about getting it for my girlfriend for college, but I don't think things are going to work out the way i'd thought. (she wants to stick with her light but ungameable X30)

click me

The guy sold my friend's dad a D600, and is apparantly a very good trader.

Thanks for the info.. but i'm not really looking for a used one.

Just asking if anyone knows of one I can get.. from a store

Check out Averatec laptops.

I remember seeing one go for 800$ after a rebate or two at CircuitCity. This included 512 ram, DVD burner, Athlon 2200+, dedicated memory, an inch think, 4ibs, etc. I was going to get this laptop, but I ran into the 750$ off deal from Dell. They are nice laptops IMO. I think they got best budget laptop under 1k from PCMagazine.

Edit: Okay, guy above me posted al ink with an Averatec lapto. :eek:

I would say save up for like 2 extra months, you would have better options with a little more money....

best buy has a new emachines with the sempron 2800
it does not use the same case as the m68xx series
512mb ram
60gb hd
$850
it is likly that it uses the ATI igp320 graphics

they also have a gateway and a HP with similer specs
for $1100

NeoThoR said:
that thing is a pos... doesn't even say what video card it has :|

I'm really looking of a laptop with something like a P4 2.4ghz..

BestBuy said:
S3 UniChrome graphics with up to 64MB video memory
Check your prescription. It's showing it for me.

NecessaryEvil said:
Check your prescription. It's showing it for me.

Still a shitty graphics card...

In my first post I said good graphics card.. :|

NeoThoR said:
Still a shitty graphics card...

In my first post I said good graphics card.. :|

your not going to find it for under a K new
please dont ask for the impossible then treat others like crap just because they tried to find something that was close to what you asked for

NeoThoR said:
How the hell is what I said treating someone like crap...

haha... wow
you're being a dick... stop being rude to those who are trying to help you with the impossible.

The best bet probably would have been the deal Dell had recently (and may still) which was spend $1500 on a laptop and get $750 off or something like it. Might want to look in to that.

emorphien said:
you're being a dick... stop being rude to those who are trying to help you with the impossible.

The best bet probably would have been the deal Dell had recently (and may still) which was spend $1500 on a laptop and get $750 off or something like it. Might want to look in to that.

Yeah, he is being a dick... blah, whatever...

Just to help out, even though he'll probably curse me out... go on eBay and buy a NEW one from someone who got @ the 750 deal.

your really only going to find something like that used for that price, all the lower priced laptops are going to have lower end video cards to save on the price tag

In my opinion your posts were rude to me, and "thanks for the idea, but..." would have been a more appropriate reply. That said, I'm not really worried about it, and I'd just as soon let the whole issue drop and get the thread back on topic. But, before I do...

[tangent]
I own 3 Averatec's that are all very similar to the one I linked (they are 3200's), and I think they are excellent. The graphics processor isn't an m9600, but I can play CounterStrike, Warcraft 3, and other similar games just fine. For the price, portability (4 lbs), features, and build quality, they are great.
[/tangent]

Okay, so back to your question... You're going to have a hard time finding what you want new without some crazy Dell coupon action, but if you don't mind buying used off eBay there are deals like this, this, or this in your price range.

-SEAL

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
if you buy an averatec at sam's club there is a 6 month 100% satisfaction guarantee return policy.

yes, i am going to be bad and take advantage of that...but walmart is an evil company :mad:

Supposedly there is going to be a HP Pentium M laptop for $599.99 at Circuit City on black friday...

Back