Help, internet disconnects whenever another pc is turned on

Hi, I have a TPLINK 8810 as my DSL modem and a DIR-625 Draft N Router A1 with 1.09 as the firmware. I have one pc connected with cat5 cable and the other two running DWA-542 PCI N wireless adapters. I have tried resetting the router but that didn't work. It seems everytime the wireless PCs are turned on the internet drops and the only way to obtain the internet again is to reset the modem. Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Are you running DHCP on the router? You say the Internet drops, do you really mean the whole network drops? In other words, are the wireless PCs still able to connect to router as admin but not connect through the router to an Internet site? Or is it that the wireless PCs can't even connect or PING the router?

Did this particular router and combination pc's work as you intended prior tot his happening or did this just happen out of the box?

msabo: the entire internet drops though the LAN is still on and the other pcs are able to still 'see' each other and access the shared folders/drives. I've alsos set the router to do the ppoppe login internall as opposed to using the internet wizard from windows xp.

H6195: it was working fine for a good 6-8 months and then recently decided to crap out. The only thing I did was playing around with the portforwarding, but then again I did recently reset and I don't think me playing with the port range could mess it up to this extent. :)

when the internet drops... is the router still receiving an IP address from your ISP? Or is the router dropping the IP on the WAN?

If you don't have an extra router/modem, I would contact the ISP and ask to have another sent out. In addition, although its probably not the case, they can test your line to make sure it is functioning properly.

Set the new router up and see if your problems go away.

I had this exact same problem with my old Linksys WRT54G, no matter what I tried nothing seemed to work until I just gave up and put on DD-WRT. Worked like a charm after that. I know its probably not the answer you are looking for, but the DD-WRT or Tomato firmware makes everything much better.

Back