Help installing windows xp just keeps going

Beave

Gawd
i start up teh computer put windows xp disc in and it jsut keeps installing the files nessecary; when it reboots it goes back to this and asks to format then install .....
its starting to really piss me off and i have no clue what i am doin wrong :confused: :mad:

does it have something to do with the ide boot settings?
thanks for all help

system specs:
its a 800 slot amd
384 mb ram or somethin close to that
60 gig hd
40x cdrom
8 mb pci graphics card
netowrk card

are you overclocking?
did you reset the bios?

take out the nic and try it.

slotA was never really a stable platform, i still run a slotA rig and have random problems for no reason with it.

its @ its stock temp; the computer is a gateway :rolleyes:
ill try removing teh network card
and the bios has been reset

i will formatt the drive on my other computer if i cannot get it working

ok.. I'm st00pid and don't actually understand what you wrote... but after you install.. before you restart... do you remove the windows Cd? if you don't it's just going to start the install process again

IISEVIL said:
ok.. I'm st00pid and don't actually understand what you wrote... but after you install.. before you restart... do you remove the windows Cd? if you don't it's just going to start the install process again

Yep, next to try would be ram. Ive seen bad ram cause that mostly.

You have to have it on first boot device: cdrom. It will ask to boot form a disk then u hit any key. Let it do its thing, it will restart, then it will again ask to boot from disk..dont touch anything and windows should load then install.

btw: never remove the disk until you're in the desktop and everything's done.

Not sure if anyone wrote this yet.

Back