Help! Input needed before buying

Leykis

Limp Gawd
I've decided to purchase one of the three monitors below and would like input from any of you who have or currently own these models. My budget is right around $250 and was looking to get the most out of it. I understand that these 3 monitors are TN panels and I'm fine with it. Both offer higher than 1080p resolution, both have tilt or height adj. and both have plenty of inputs. I also understand that my viewing angles on these panels is limited to direct viewing and that there also may be backlight bleeding which is a common issue with most LCD panels. So here are the 3 displays I'm deciding between....

Acer B233HU bmidhz
Dell SP2309w
Samsung T240HD

I've read good things about both of these displays. I'm primarily going to use the display for gaming, web browsing and excel so I wanted something with a 1920x1200 res. or higher. The Dell display offers faster response time(2ms) which will probably make it better for gaming than the Samsung but I'm hesitant about going with a display that has a non-common native resolution. Anyone own a monitor that has a 2048x1152 native res.? If so, do you have problems with running games on it?

So, which panel would you guys choose? Thanks for any feedback!

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestion but this monitor lacks inputs I need, one being HDMI. Plus I really don't care for the silver bezel. Excellent deal though.

It only costs three dollars to go from DVI to HDMI. Aside from the audio on HDMI it's the same signal with a different connector. That's a nice deal on SJetski71's link but if you primarily game you might want to opt for one of those TNs anyway. Still, you should consider it for the viewing angle, accuracy and contrast.

If not I would go for one of the 2048x1152 panels because you get more pixels at no cost. If you want to go even lower you can find the Samsung 2343bwx for $200. The stand isn't height-adjustable but you save $50. For PC games right now you could get away with a $100 card to drive one of those at its native resolution so that's not much of a concern. If you plan on doing a lot of console gaming it will look a little odd scaled up to 2048x1152 but few games output 1080p native anyway so scaling will always be something of an issue.

Also, consider buying from somewhere else. Newegg doesn't have the best dead/bright pixel policy.

Also, T240HD is known for it's high input-lag; avoid it like the plague.

Back