• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Help in selecting 2.0 Speakers

Joined
Sep 29, 2010
Messages
52
Hello guys, I am a new member here so I have recently bought Plasma Television and I want to buy 2.0 speakers for this. What I want in a sound is that the vocals should be excellent which do not distort a bit even on full volume of the speakers, Second thing I need is clarity, it should be awesome in clarity and the third thing I need is bass, bass should be deep and punchy but not at all boomy, I hate boomy bass. Treble should be smooth.

My budget is between $300 - $350.

Thank you:)

An early reply is requested:)

Regards:)
 
Why only 2.0? You're going to use stereo sound with your new plasma? :confused:

You need to increase your budget. $350 is only enough for an entry-level receiver.

+$600 for speakers
+$600-$1400 for a subwoofer.

The only way you're going to get away for $350 is with a used receiver and some VERY entry-level (not very good) tower speakers. No bass with that setup.

My advice? Keep saving. $350 is nowhere near enough. There's no way you're going to get all your criteria for $350.
Deep & punchy bass means you need 2 or 3 subwoofers: a 15" for the deep ($1200) and a pair of 10" or 12" for the "punchy" ($800/pair)
 
I have to disagree with J Macker. It's possible to do it with $350. Will it be as good as a setup that costs $2000-2500, of course not.

$200 - used HSU subwoofer
$50 - Insignia NSB2111 speakers on cowboom
$100 - used receiver
 
2-3 subs? really? You'll do ok with one. Yes, better with two. 3 is silly. Especially when the ops budget is so low to begin with, it just becomes an outlandish add on.

Also, I'm confused as to the way you people are using the budget. I know there's a lot of "the best deal you'll ever get on sound is going with used speakers and receivers" going around. But I have to tell you separate components cost money and you're not gonna run that far from it just by going used. Heck, I don't know that I really have ever seen money saved that way, just options increased. The existence of the thought at all therefore confuses me.

That being said, you're not gonna get the bees knees of sound for 300. Believe it or not there are people that pay 100k for a pair of tower speakers and aren't doing it just to make a "look how rich I am" statement. Though I have to assume it's partly about that. If forced I might second the used Hsu sub idea if you can find one. If not you might look at something like
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...290034&cm_re=subwoofer-_-82-290-034-_-Product
and
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...&cm_re=yamaha_speakers-_-82-115-175-_-Product

But at a 300-350 budget it is not so much worth looking up reviews. No one makes anything audiophile at that price (as in the $100 sub and $250 for a pair of powered speakers, or less for either due to tacking on a receiver). Heck, no one makes anything close, and how could they? To help you realize how ridiculous your request is, think about it, games cost $60 new, and they don't even have to reimburse materials. Not to mention games have noticeably lower shipping costs and typically a larger audience (the ones that cost 60). You'll probably end up beating your tv's included speaker, or a set of logitechs or promedia 2.1s. But that's about it.


Edit: and why 1200 for the sub? Far as I've heard http://www.hsuresearch.com/products/vtf-3-mk3.html is satisfactory for nearly all intents and purposes.
Edit again: Actually, knock off another 100 for http://www.hsuresearch.com/products/vtf-2-mk3.html for most rooms
 
Last edited:
Why only 2.0? You're going to use stereo sound with your new plasma? :confused:

You need to increase your budget. $350 is only enough for an entry-level receiver.

+$600 for speakers
+$600-$1400 for a subwoofer.

The only way you're going to get away for $350 is with a used receiver and some VERY entry-level (not very good) tower speakers. No bass with that setup.

My advice? Keep saving. $350 is nowhere near enough. There's no way you're going to get all your criteria for $350.
Deep & punchy bass means you need 2 or 3 subwoofers: a 15" for the deep ($1200) and a pair of 10" or 12" for the "punchy" ($800/pair)

Yes coz My bedroom is small in size that is why I need 2.0 setup only:( and the speakers and subwoofers u have suggested me is way way way outta my budget:p. Thank you so much for ur input:)
 
How much are Cerwin Vega! VE-8's over there? See if you can pick up a pair of them, they rumble very low. Them and a used receiver, sorted.
 
Are you shopping in the US or are you shopping in India?

What stores do you have available there? Any online stores/databases we could look at?
 
You have about 15500 Rs to spend right?

EDIT: Prices are really high. It might actually be cheaper to ship it into India, however I'm not sure if it'll get past customs.
 
You have about 15500 Rs to spend right?

EDIT: Prices are really high. It might actually be cheaper to ship it into India, however I'm not sure if it'll get past customs.

yes I can go upto Rs. 21,000 and yes Computer prices and all peripherals related to it are quite high in India compared to ur city/country:(:(:(:(:(
 
Back
Top