Help in installing vista without a dvd drive.......

tgg

[H]ard|Gawd
I need to install a fresh windows OS like vista on a pc here but it doesnt have a dvd just a regualar cd burner drive does anyone have a tricks to install vista on this pc? Like splitting vista on regular cd's or what are the steps to do it over a network? Thanks....

If the system only has a CD drive, then it probably doesn't have the capability to run Vista efficiently, hardware wise.

The easiest fix is to pay $15 for a DVD rom drive.

Ok thanks thats an option, but how about anyone know how to install vista with a usb harrdive?

If you have access to a PC with a DVD drive you could use "Poweriso" to extract the vista files to a USB drive or external drive and install from that.

Why are people still trying to justify not having a DVD drive in this day an age? Seriously people, upgrade already.:rolleyes:

EDIT: That USB install link is pretty slick, im gonna bookmark that for future reference.

Yea I found that preety much same guide on a different site earlier today and it work. I'll bookmark this too.

sounds like a great option. you could do a search for 'deploy vista,' but that's mostly for networks with a existing image

Back