• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Help in HL2.. i need some help!!

RancidWAnnaRIot

EspantaPajaros
Joined
Feb 19, 2004
Messages
11,033
I'm in the chapter called entanglement.. it's the one after nova prospeckt.. you know the prison looking area..

anyway.. i'm at a part where you are supposed to set up 3 turrets, and a shit load of soldiers come out.. i keep dying man.. i need some serious help.. how the hell did you guys get past that part??
 
there should be one open jail cell in there somewhere. setup all 3 turrets on the opening of the cell and crourch behind with the gav gun. you should be able to take care of most of the them that way. however they will throw grenades, so be ready to get the turrets up again.
 
Kankykur7 said:
there should be one open jail cell in there somewhere. setup all 3 turrets on the opening of the cell and crourch behind with the gav gun. you should be able to take care of most of the them that way. however they will throw grenades, so be ready to get the turrets up again.


oh crap.. so you can put the turrets back up?!?! lol...
 
Yes, you can with your hands or gravity gun (suggested) :D

This place caused some headaches for me as well before... Just keep up and eventually you will get past that spot.
 
RancidWAnnaRIot said:
oh crap.. so you can put the turrets back up?!?! lol...
Ha! Nice. I can't imagine what was going through your head while trying to do this part without that vital piece of information.
 
RancidWAnnaRIot said:
I'm in the chapter called entanglement.. it's the one after nova prospeckt.. you know the prison looking area..

anyway.. i'm at a part where you are supposed to set up 3 turrets, and a shit load of soldiers come out.. i keep dying man.. i need some serious help.. how the hell did you guys get past that part??
Thats probably the hardest part of the whole game. Took me forever...
 
Bane said:
Ha! Nice. I can't imagine what was going through your head while trying to do this part without that vital piece of information.

LOL!! i feel like a dumbass lol...

oh well..

i was just like "WTF???" for some reason i just assumed you can't pick them back up.. i don't know why.. i just assumed that.. i haven't play HL2 yet.. so i haven't passed that part.. i don't think i'll be able to give it another shot for like another two weeks.. but thanks for the help lol..
 
I actually stood in that small corridor where the three turrets were and just killed them all from there. But of course, I did know you could set turrets back up. :D
 
Bane said:
Ha! Nice. I can't imagine what was going through your head while trying to do this part without that vital piece of information.

The first time played through HL2 I thought it'd be a good idea to bring an extra turret along with me, so I did. You can bring a turret from the previous section, heck, you probably can go back and bring the second one too. Second time playing through and I just couldn't hack it with only 3 turrets, I had to reload and bring that 4th one with me.

I wonder how far through the game you can bring a turret? Probably can't teleport back to Kleiner's lab with one.

Monty
 
RancidWAnnaRIot said:
I'm in the chapter called entanglement.. it's the one after nova prospeckt.. you know the prison looking area..

anyway.. i'm at a part where you are supposed to set up 3 turrets, and a shit load of soldiers come out.. i keep dying man.. i need some serious help.. how the hell did you guys get past that part??
shit, i tried for days, finally i just put the difficulty to med. and back to hard when i got through.
 
HighwayAssassins said:
shit, i tried for days, finally i just put the difficulty to med. and back to hard when i got through.

I'm already on medium
:( :( :(

damn i use to think i was decent at video games.... i guess i suck lol.. oh well.. it's still fun
 
i remember that. it was the hardest part of the game. i didnot know you could put em back up either, they always had sparks flyin out of em so i assume they was the broken
 
RancidWAnnaRIot said:
I'm already on medium
:( :( :(

damn i use to think i was decent at video games.... i guess i suck lol.. oh well.. it's still fun
if you put it on hard, you will be supprised, its not hard like far cry hard was. just a bit more challanging
 
HighwayAssassins said:
if you put it on hard, you will be supprised, its not hard like far cry hard was. just a bit more challanging
Yep, I beat it on hard my first time through.
 
its either this part or that one room with the water and the explosive barrels that everybody gets stuck and doesn't bother to read gamefaqs.com.
 
polydiol said:
its either this part or that one room with the water and the explosive barrels that everybody gets stuck and doesn't bother to read gamefaqs.com.

i didn't even know gamefaq existed lol... thanks
 
It also depends on what angles you put the guns at: keep in mind how hard it is to take down a turret while it's chewing you up, so put some distance between the turrets and where the baddies come from. that way they can't run up and knock them down, and you have more recover time if they grenade them.
 
Back
Top