Help! I'm stuck in an uncreative box and I can't get out!

fubak

Supreme [H]ardness
art fundamentals.. sharpen ure creative skills on paper.. it helps.

i usually pencil out designs before i put em in on the computer

Inquisition said:

That would be great, except my Photoshop images look like a masterpiece compared to my drawing skills :D

look at other sites and see what works. and i dont mean just look at 5 or 6 other well designed websites. I mean look at thousands of them of all different subjects(thousands is a bit of a overstatement but u know what i mean) And try to see what works, why they are nice. Like i would make yourself a list, asking urself questions like, Why is this layout nice, what sets it apart from other layouts, what could i do to make this layout nicer. And just fill out that chart on every nice layout u come by, and save the url with the chart u made, it will help also when u want to go back and refrence

check out this video done by belief... its 45 minutes long, but worth every minute

http://www2.belief.com/exp/files/Pollinate%20BDA%20Session%202004/

i also agree with inquisition when he recommended sketching your ideas first. in my experience, creativity can be spawned from scratching out some crappy sketches on paper. i think of it as a process, the evolution of the piece you will later complete in photoshop.

how's this for creativity? :)

design.jpg

fubak said:
how's this for creativity? :)

http://www.bridgetotheweb.com/newdesign4/images/design.jpg[/i_mg][/QUOTE]

Looks good, but since you said you're stuck in a box..

..well, it's a bunch of boxes again. ;) But, I like it.

Inquisition said:

i prefer to pencil things out in my head, cause i cant draw worth a flip
:)

id suggest reading online for photoshop tutorials. i used to do every new tutorial that came out. then i just kind of got used to what i wanted to implement and stuff became easier. but remember ... no matter how good you get youll still know that theres room for improvement, dont let it get you down, look at it as another learning experience bc you ALWAYS learn in this case.

Back