help i can't use computer windows time to review your privacy settings

phred15

Limp Gawd
That says it all. I have to remove battery and unplug power to turn it off. And this message stops me from booting into windows 10. Is there one thing I can turn back on that will stop this or do I have turn turn all the spyware and load a new system that will not let me turn it off?

That says it all. I have to remove battery and unplug power to turn it off. And this message stops me from booting into windows 10. Is there one thing I can turn back on that will stop this or do I have turn turn all the spyware and load a new system that will not let me turn it off?

So you can't review your privacy settings, whereby on completion Windows should continue to boot as normal?

yup just follow it along until youre done. or blindly click next if you dgaf.

At least they're giving you the option to somewhat disable their privacy invasive procedures.

A definite possibility! :D

It actually is so. It disables something on the surface but still retains key telemetry. Anyway to the OP: Just click through the settings and disable everything there. Then if that's not enough for you, stop using Windows and get a better OS for privacy.

It actually is so. It disables something on the surface but still retains key telemetry. Anyway to the OP: Just click through the settings and disable everything there. Then if that's not enough for you, stop using Windows and get a better OS for privacy.

Last time I used it, there was no option to 'fully' disable key telemetry.

Honestly, this thread makes no sense. You have to pull the battery and unplug the power? What does that have to do with the privacy settings?

Honestly, this thread makes no sense. You have to pull the battery and unplug the power? What does that have to do with the privacy settings?

I think he's trying to get around applying any privacy settings?

I think he's trying to get around applying any privacy settings?
Heh yeah he thinks that by not setting them he won't get spied. He doesn't think that the spy options are on by default and by not setting them he's doing the exact opposite of what he desires. Of course the only way to stop spying alltogether is to switch to linux.

Heh yeah he thinks that by not setting them he won't get spied. He doesn't think that the spy options are on by default and by not setting them he's doing the exact opposite of what he desires. Of course the only way to stop spying alltogether is to switch to linux.

Can you prove that? Looks like a trolling thread to me since I we have not seen a single response from the OP since he originally posted it. Also, his OP is pretty cryptic.

Can you prove that? Looks like a trolling thread to me since I we have not seen a single response from the OP since he originally posted it. Also, his OP is pretty cryptic.

Why don't you prove it if you think it's a trolling thread?

The OP felt that avoiding the privacy settings requester altogether meant that he was less susceptible to Microsoft's data gathering efforts and thus was trying to find a way around it at boot without messing with it. This of course isn't possible and wouldn't have the effect the OP was after anyway, as was explained to him, so he accepted the requester window and moved on.

You make plenty of trolling threads, you should know one when you see it. ;)

Sometimes its a bit confusing when people reply to ignored members without mentioning their name in the reply...

Back