Help! I can't access my DD-WRT Config page!

fjawor

n00b
Hello,
So for the past few months, things have been running smoothly with the way my home network is configured. I have a combination Gateway/Modem/Router from the cable company (We'll just refer to it as the gateway) that turns cable into ethernet (Modem part) and has 4 ethernet ports in addition to a wifi ap. The configuration pages are awful and the wifi sucks. I would rather pee glass shards than have to use the wifi or deal with the port forward config. So I am using a Linksys E1000 router that is connected right into the Gateway via ethernet. Originally, I had all ports from the gateway forwarded to the Linksys router and then from there, different ports forwarded to my Raspberry Pi and other computers connected to the router. This all worked fine and dandy until I was trying to SSH into my server when I was on vacation and I was getting connection timed out. I come back home and realize that my router's WAN IP: 192.168.0.8 cannot be accessed from the Gateway Lan in essence all of the packets being forwarded are lost. I can still access the Linksys page from within its lan by plugging in my computer to one of its ports so I haven't lost all control. But, I just don't understand why I can't access the Linksys router from the gateway. I have tried everything including setting both the router and gateway to factory settings and turning off both firewalls. This is my last resort.

Thank you in advance,
fjawor
Raspberry Pi
ISP------Gateway-------Linksys Router (DD-WRT)------|
Computer

I know its an awful diagram but please let me know if I need to clarify anything.

Last edited:
my router's WAN IP: 192.168.08 cannot be accessed from the Gateway Lan in essence all of the packets being forwarded are lost.

I would start by double checking that, as it's not a full IPv4 address. Maybe it's supposed to be 192.168.1.8?

Back