Help! I broke a micro ribbon cable!

sanosuke2999

Weaksauce
My girlfriend dropped her E-Dictionary the display got messed up. It had lines going across the screen making text difficult to read. I figgured that if I take it appart and re-secure the display ribbon it may fix it. Well the thing ios that it did, but while prying a corner open the ribbon cable ripped. So now I need to find a replacement ribbon cable any help would be appreciated in finding a replacement cable. I have not been able to find much. Here are Some pics.
It is a SEIKO IC DICTIONARY SR-T6500
The serials on the ribbon cable itself read
30-FJ08-032006 020912

T1094V-o0301
G060018

Overall.jpg

cicuit.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Yeah it does a little odd. I also forgot to metion that it is a japanese product. She paid about $400 for it about 3 years ago, but I found it online on an american website for $150. If worse comes to worse that will be my last resort, but I can't afford that much right now since I just made my college payments!

Hey just get the sharp dictionary. They have a really ncie one iv been using since the month it came out.Sharp PW-E550 is the name and amazon has it for like 71 bucks (i checked for you so go ahead and thank me). :)

Like i said. I have been using it and it works wonderfully.

Thanks,but the problem is that the Seiko dictionary does japanese to english translations. That is the other big reason she got that particular model.

People crazy enough to rip apart their monitors tear these guys sometimes, or need extensions for em. Repairing is obviously pretty hard if not impossible, but this place sells them, you just need to know home many pins your dealing with. Good luck.

By the way can these be used instead of the ribbon cable or are they only extensions without heads? The ribbon cable thet I have is a 20 pin

Back