• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

[HELP] Hyper 6 or Hyper 48 for 3500+ Newcastle

publik_en3my

Weaksauce
Joined
Apr 17, 2004
Messages
98
I am deciding between those two. Can you guys help me out with this? I need the best cooling performance more than silence but I want one of those two only. Dont recommend me others coz I only got those two @ Vietnam.
 
I'm gonna have to go with the hyper 6.. "open" flow through cooling seems to be the way of the future.. -
 
well i have the hyper 6 and its huge get it. Its almost too heavy but it cools great im Idling my Winchester 3200+ at 2.5GHz at 34C
 
Clindst said:
well i have the hyper 6 and its huge get it. Its almost too heavy but it cools great im Idling my Winchester 3200+ at 2.5GHz at 34C
damn man......im idling at 32 with my winchester 3000+ at 2.6
 
Clindst said:
wut mobo...mobo sensors are all not that accurate

No. The temperature sensor is on the die itself. However, some bioses can mess up the reading, but that's rare. What, do you think the motherboard somehow secretly puts a thermal probe inbetween the IHS and the substrate?
 
If you want the best cooling, I would suggest the Hyper 6. It has great performance, but I would wait for the Hyper 6+ to be released. It has 100mm fans, lighter, quieter and cools better. I think the Hyper 6+ will be released in a month or so.
 
Back
Top