Help :( ... how do I proceed with this OC?

Iria

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 14, 2005
Messages
377
I am new to 939 OCing and am use to just making the multiplier and voltage higher on my Athlon XP without worrying about the FSB.

I bought a 3000+ venice that the old user said worked very well at 289x9, had a valid CPU-Z ... and its working just fine at 250x9 atm, but I'm not sure how to get it further. It just keeps no longer posting on my comp if I take it higher.

I set the HT to x4, I imagine I'll need to set it to x3 for the 289 (as I know it cant break 1000 safely) ... and my ram is at 333, upped the voltage on the ram and CPU a bit and off I went at 2.2 ghz... I do not know how the relationship between ram and CPU fsb speed works, because after I set it to 333, and fsb of cpu to 250, my nTune program shows my ram speed at 418 ... this is PC 3200 ram. How do I know how mcuh my ram speed will increase when cpu fsb increases? ... are we talking percentages? like 400 OC on a 1.8 ghz processor is 20%, and 20% of 333 Ram fsb is 67ish, so it balances out to 400?... I do not see any CPU:RAM ratio options on my mobo. MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum.

Could you please tell me what frequencies / ram settings or timings I need to get mines to 2.6 ghz?

Please help, I think i'm wasting true potential and would love to learn this knowledge.
 
ok, I went with the percentages theory

My ram is set to 100 fsb, then the cpu is set to 280 x 9 ... all runing smoothe... but it seems to load slower... is it realy beneficial for me to OC to this point?
 
Back
Top