HELP! H61 v. H67 chipset on mini-itx board

EndersShadow

[H]ard|Gawd
I am looking at building a small mini-itx HTPC for audio playback only. I am looking at getting the G530 Celeron processor (because I need to be able to convert CD's to FLAC pretty quick) and am struggling with the differences between the H61 and H67 motherboards.

What do I gain/lose by going with one over the other? My basic needs are:

1. 2 min SATA ports, prefer 3
2. USB connectors
3. Mini-ITX

Some optional things I would like but dont have to have are:

1. HDMI, VGA & DVI (so I have all my options covered)
2. USB 3.0
3. eSATA
4. 6 gig SATA connection

I will be basically running Windows 7, iTunes & MediaMonkey and thats about it on this PC to start with. It might be used for other functions later on but for now no real video streaming needed. I will be using a USB DAC & Headphone amp connected to it for playback and probably the Remote iTunes app via a Ad Hoc network for controlling the computer.

I am mostly looking at these motherboards:

JetWay JI61G-ITX LGA 1155 Intel H61
ASRock H67M-ITX LGA 1155 Intel H67
Foxconn H67S LGA 1155 Intel H67

Any thoughts appreciated.

According to the Wikipedia Intel Chipset comparison, H61 has 2 less PCI-E Lanes (6) and does not have SATA 6Gbs (only 4 - 3Gbs)

According to the Wikipedia Intel Chipset comparison, H61 has 2 less PCI-E Lanes (6) and does not have SATA 6Gbs (only 4 - 3Gbs)

Cool, so its basically a toss up since I will only have 1 PCI-E lane to begin with and SATA 6gig isnt a huge loss if I dont have it since I wont be transfering massive amounts of data at the same time.

So its more down to what motherboard has the best options.

I wanted to make sure there wasnt something funky with the bios or whatnot. Some of the H67 boards seem to indicate you can OC (which means you can underclock as well) and I was possibly interested in that so I can lower my heat totals which in turns lowers my RPM's on the fans.

Back