• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

help getting mic to work.

Brodel

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 22, 2005
Messages
140
Hey

I have a Creative Soundblaster Live! 24bit 5.1 card. I am using the kX Project drivers and have my mic plugged into the pink mic socket on my soundcard. I can hear sound from the mic through the speakers, but it doesn't work on apps like MSN, Skype or the Windows Recorder app.

I've checked the sound recording properties and it isn't muted (although the option to mute is greyed out an not useable) and volume is turned up. When I try to setup 'Speech' via the control panel the 'properties' tab on the mic options is also greyed out.

Does anyone know how I can get this mic to work?

Thanks in advance.
 
Back
Top