• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Help, Getting CPU Fan Error On Post

DarkStar_WNY

2[H]4U
Joined
Dec 27, 2006
Messages
2,363
I've just completed an external build of my son's new rig and when I powered it up I get the post beep but I also get a "CPU Fan Error" on the monitor.

The fan is plugged into the proper spot on the motherboard and it's spinning happy away.

Is this an issue? What should/can I do?

Any help would be greatly appreaciated.
 
I have an ASUS Z77-V that had the same problem. Go into bios and lower the fan speed threshold to 400. I've got a 212 EVO and the fan runs at ~600 during bootup and that was below the default threshold.
 
I have an ASUS Z77-V that had the same problem. Go into bios and lower the fan speed threshold to 400. I've got a 212 EVO and the fan runs at ~600 during bootup and that was below the default threshold.

Awesome, that took care of it, thanks!

Build completed, installing Win 7 64 bit as I type this.

Thanks again.
 
As you have the same hsf as me I've got one more question, is it normal for the heatsink to be able to rotate very slightly once it's locked down?

Thanks again for the help with the earlier issue, I was at a loss and didn't want to install it in the case until I made sure there wasn't an issue.
 
Okay, thanks.

I like the had, and the price is great but there had to be a better way then that bracket that holds the hearing to the mobo bracket.
 
Back
Top